My 10 Favourite Books

22:06:00

I don't think I've mentioned this in a blog post before, but I'm a massive bookworm. I absolutely love cuddling up in my bed with a cup of tea and a new book, and I'll finish a book in one sitting if I enjoy it enough. I thought some of you might be interested in what my favourite books are, and so I'm going to share them with you. These are a few of my all time favourites, as well as some I've read recently, so I have a feeling there'll be quite a few missing from this list. Enjoy!

















This should come as no surprise at all if you've read even only one of my blog posts, but Harry Potter definitely tops this list. I love the entire series so much, and to be honest, I think I've read each book more than twelve times each. I just love how absolutely everything is so interconnected, and tiny details that seem so insignificant suddenly pop up in a later book and turn out to be very important to the plot. If you also love this series, I'd recommend checking out the podcast called Alohomora, where they discuss the entire series chapter by chapter. By the way, can you tell which house I'm in?
















The Perks of Being a Wallflower is another book I love. To be honest, the idea is quite common, although I feel like this book offers it from a new perspective. It also feels like you're pen pals withCharlie, and perhaps that's why I felt so connected to all the characters.It's also a bizarre coincidence that my three favourite names of all time are in this book - Charlie, Sam and Alice!

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares is a book I coincidentally picked up in a book shop as a bit of entertainment for the plane journey home, and I ended up falling in love with it. It's writing style is quite similar to The Perks of Being a Wallflower and John Green's books, but the characters in it are so original and witty. I can't decide whether I relate to Dash, the weirdo who hangs out in book shops, or Lily, the younger sister who just wants a bit of adventure, more.

Thirteen Reasons Why is one of the saddest books I've read. Hannah Baker, the storyteller, has such an uplifting and humourous voice, despite the sad story, which somehow intensifies it. I really enjoyed it, but I have to admit that I found myself skipping parts of Clay's narrative to finish Hannah's story.

I'm very easily spooked, and I'm therefore not one for psychological thrillers. However, about a year ago I was listening to the radio with my grandma, and an exert of this book was read. I bought it immediately after, and I finished it within a day and a half. It's called Before I Go To Sleep, and is about a woman who wakes up every day with amnesia, and this book is her diary, which she reads back on every day. It's a must read, and even if you don't think it's for you, I urge you to have a look at it.

I've enjoyed all of John Green's books, but I limited myself to only include one of them on this list, as they're all quite similar. My personal favourite by him is Paper Towns, which is about to be made into a movie starring Nat Wolff (Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars) and Cara Delevinge. I found the book so funny, and I felt like every single character was an exact copy of someone I know in real life. I'm also very into maps, which may be part of the reason I was so drawn to the concept of Paper Towns.

There has been quite a lot of controversy over Girl Online by Zoe Sugg recently, but I have to say that I love the book. I bought it at an airport, and didn't put it down the entire aeroplane ride, and even when I got home, I went straight up to my room to finish it. The plot is the kind that I pretend to avoid, so cheesy, but I actually love it. It's set in New York, which I find particularly endearing. I absolutely love this book, and for some reason it really changed my outlook on life in general, and is maybe the main motivator for me to start this blog.

Okay, I lied. I'm going to include one more John Green book on this list, and it isn't The Fault In Our Stars. Looking for Alaska is not the type of story I can personally relate to, and I actually found it quite dull at first. As I got deeper into it, I started enjoying it more and more, until I ended up loving it. People say they fell in love with Alaska, but I actually hated her. To me, she's the type of character that you see in horror films, who you scream at right as she's about to open the door to the basement where all the corpses are. Nevertheless, I love the book, and it's a must read.



This Song Will Save Your Life is a book my cousin bought for me as a bit of a joke, as it sounds so cheesy. However, I ended up really liking it, and I think if you've ever felt left out or not worthy enough, this is the kind of book that gives you hope. 

I have slightly mixed feelings about Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, but as it is the most recent book I read, I thought I'd include it anyway. A part of me loves this book, because although the plot is very unrealistic, the way is written is so similar to how teenagers think. It's the kind of writing that I know I would use if I was to write a book right now, but at the same time I can tell that it's so cliche. It probably sounds like I'm dissing this book, but I do actually love it, and the storyline is very entertaining.

That's it! The list is in no particular order, as it would be impossible for me to choose between some of these books. I love them all dearly, and I would reccomend every single one of them.

Have you read any of these books? What are your opinions on them? What are some of your favourite books? I'm on the lookout for new books to read, so please let me know! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments