A Guide to Fandoms

12:40:00

Are you ever struck by this feeling that you love someone or something so much? So much that you literally can't explain it, and when you try to tell someone nothing comes out? It's the kind of love you feel is so cheesy and overdone, but at the same time, you can't help but let it envelope you until you're so deep into it that it literally consumes you soul.

I bet you know what I'm talking about. I bet you've got one person, or thing on your mind right now, and that you have a small smile on your face because I just reminded you of how much you love them.

I'm very lucky to have several of these, several things I feel so passionately about that I honestly can't explain it. Mainly Emma Watson, Zoella, Ed Sheeran's music, Taylor Swift, but I have one overpowering one, which I know nothing will ever be able to replace. Most of you have probably already guessed it, but it's Harry Potter.

The typical white girl expression 'I can't even-' doesn't do justice to the feeling I get when I reread the books for the umpteenth time, but that's not what I'm here to talk about today (oh god, I feel like I'm a talk show host).

I'm here to talk about fandoms in general, and what they can do to a person, because although it is ridiculed by many, to some people, fandoms are the strength they need to get through each day.

In case you've been living under a rock for the past decade (you'll be surprised how many people aren't familiar with this type of vocabulary, my friend asked me the other day what a ship was), a fandom is basically a community of people who love a tv programme, book series, person, or basically anything else. I don't think love is a strong enough word to use when describing fandoms, but it's the best I can find.

Fandoms are like quicksand - you start out by watching one video or listening to one song, and for some reason you feel the need to search it up on twitter or tumblr. Once you've come so far as to follow users dedicated to this particular topic, it's too late. You've been captured. A thing that started out as a 'Oh yeah, that's nice' has turned into a 'OH MY GOD I LOVE IT', and there's nothing you can do about it.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. amazing post, i've followed so I can read all your posts!
    ~basicallychloe xx
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you! I've followed you too :)

      Delete