8 Reasons I Love Autumn

22:30:00

Hey everyone!


As I've mentioned a few times before, summer is definitely my favourite season. I love the heat, and I love long lazy days lying in the grass. My least favourite season: Autumn. I just don't get it.

Anyway, this post isn't about hating autumn, it's about trying to enjoy it. I've been trying recently to enjoy every moment of my life, and this includes autumn. Therefore, this post will be about reasons to love autumn. To be honest, this is just as much to persuade myself as you guys, but I hope this inspires you too:

  1. Cold evenings. I don't ever really see cold as a good thing, but the idea of curling up in the corner of our couch with my duvet, a cup of berry tea and watching America's Next Top Model with my mum does seem rather tempting.
  2. Cinnamon porridge. Let's be real, I eat something with cinnamon probably five days a week all year round. Still though, it's just more appropriate to eat carrot, cinnamon and raisin muffins (I just made a batch downstairs, no joke) during autumn.
  3. Fashion. I do prefer summer dresses and sandals, but I also can't resist Dr. Marten boots and and my grey wool peacoat. Of course, black jeans and flannels are also a big love of mine.
  4. Carving pumpkins. I did this last year, and it was an absolute catastrophe. Pumpkin guts everywhere, freezing cold hands and a pumpkin that just broke into pieces... I can't wait to try again, although hopefully it'll be a success this time. Also - sidenote, a few years ago I carved my pumpkin into having a Harry Potter face. It's still my proudest achievement. 
  5. Mulled Wine. What I really mean by this is a norwegian drink that is only sold during the autumn, and tastes like cinnamon, raisins, christmas and happiness in a mug. I freaking LOVE it, and the closest translation I could find was mulled wine, although I'm not quite sure if that's correct.
  6. Halloween. I'm not really a fan of halloween, so for the past few years I've mostly stayed in with friends. This year though, I think it would be fun to go out and do something, and I'm starting to get a bit excited about planning my costume.
  7. Cold nights. My bed is right by a window, and one of my favourite things all time is having the cold wind fill my room, and blow over my face while I'm covered by a very warm duvet. 
  8. Walks in the woods. Not something I make a habit of doing, but I'd love to. When I do actually take our adorable dog outside in the forest, it always makes me feel so calm. I can't wait for the leaves on the trees to turn red.

Those are all the reasons I can come up with that I'm excited for these coming months, and honestly, it's getting me quite excited! I hope this post raised your spirits slightly too! Let me know what your favourite season is, and what you're excited for this autumn!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite season is definitey autumn! I love being able to wear my sweaters, watch the colours of the leaves change and drink hot chocolate with cinnamon.

    awkward-overload.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, that definitely does sounds tempting!

      Delete
  3. Great! Halloween and fashion I am with you! :)))


    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/andystyle-4602025

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is my favourite season! I love the colours, the fashion and it's an excuse to have more hot drinks!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot chocolate and woolly coats makes it all worth it!

      Delete