Music Favourites // June 2016

20:22:00

I love music, and although I can't sing, play an instrument or write songs, I appreciate it a lot.

I haven't done a post like this since January, and my music taste has evolved and grown a lot since then, and so I decided to do another Music Favourites. You can see my previous ones here and here.


In the past few months I've learnt to listen to music in a different way. I usually fall in love with artists or albums, rather than individual songs. Recently I've discovered covers on youtube, and also started using Spotify slightly, so I tried to feature those here:


I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker
This cover is by the wonderful Eve Miriam, and I love it so much. I've been singing this song for days, and the original version just isn't as good. The editing in this video is also absolutely incredible.  Her channel in general reminds me a lot of Dodie (more about her below), as she does amazing covers, but also short artistic videos of places she's visited.

Paint
And then there is the actual Dodie. Incredibly talented, and she sounds like a friend who is singing directly to you. Quirky is the one word I'd use to describe her. I've just been loving all of her songs recently, but mainly Paint. I'm sure you all watch doddleoddle already, so there isn't much more to say about her, but if you don't, just know that you're missing out.


Next to You
This is one song in particular that has comforted me when I feel alone. I don't know how else I can explain it, but Ally Hills' voice haunts me at the same as it makes me feel like I've come home after a long day out. When I have trouble sleeping, this song always comforts me. It's so beautiful and emotional, and this is the number one song I wanted to share in this post. It just means so much to me, in a way I struggle to describe. For some reason, blogger won't let me insert the video here, but it can be found on youtube and I highly recommend it.

The Great British Breakfast
As I mentioned, I rarely listen to songs by playlist. This is the first one I've actually discovered and regularly listen to, and so far, I'm into it! It's such a happy playlist, and I tend to listen to it while I'm in the shower in the morning, as it sets a good mood for my day. The music on it constantly changes too, so I never get bored of it.

Adele
If you've read this post, you'll know how much I've grown to love Adele recently, in particular her newest album, 25. It is an amazing album, but I've talked so much about it in that post that I wanted to feature some of her older, lesser known songs that I absolutely adore:

Ed Sheeran
I think I've mentioned this guy in both of my 'music favourites' posts so far, so I'm sure you all know how much I love him. I have over 100 songs of him, most of which are obviously on old EPs, but I recently found a few I had never heard before, and I love them all, so I wanted to share them with you. The first three are on X Wembley Edition, and the rest on the EP Don't which I didn't know existed:
Those are all the favourites I'm talking about today, but that was quite a lot. I hope you're not overwhelmed, and that you check them all out, because I love them all so much.

Also, are you following me on bloglovin? I hit 100 followers not long ago, and I'm already at 123. My 17th birthday is in just over a month, and although I know it's unrealistic, I think if I could hit 150 bloglovin followers before then, it would feel as if all my dreams had come true. So if you'd like to help give me the best birthday present I could ever wish for, I'd love it if you follow me on there.

I'm so grateful for every single one of you, and thank you for all being so supportive. 

Follow
Twitter

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've never heard of the first three songs you mentioned but I'm definitely gonna give them a listen. Loved this!x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Dodie! I love her songs and her bubbly personality! I also love the Ed Sheeran's ones.

    mysweet-bookaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Dodie is the absolute best! And agreed, everything Ed Sheeran does is amazing

      Delete
  3. I love Dodie so much and her voice is so beautiful,, lovely post xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete