The Best Day // My Adventures in England

19:27:00

 You know those days where nothing in particular happens, but it's just such a good day? I had one of those this weekend, and so I figured I'd tell you all about it, because it was just so lovely.


As I'm sure you're aware (I mention it in practically every blogpost, sorry!), I'm over in England all the time to visit my family. I was there this past weekend, and the small town I'm from there is possibly my favourite place on earth.

I love it there so much. Everything just feels better when I'm over there. Everything seems less important, but the world looks so much more vibrant.


The sun was shining so brightly that I wished I'd worn shorts. In town, I found a cool vintage shop. I've never been in one before, but they are so worth the hype. I'll bring my camera there next time and show you all, and I'm sure you'll love it just as much as I do. Racks lined with old clothes, that musky smell, it was the kind you hear about in unrealistic books. I ended up buying a very stereotypical oversize denim jacket for $15, which I've worn every day since.

Apologies for the filter, but I lost the original!
Everything just looked so beautiful that day. The sun extra bright, the sky extra blue, and the buildings extra... majestic. Please tell me, why are all English buildings so incredible?

The flowershop I walked past on the way home was blooming, and everyone was so friendly. I gave my spare pound to a man who had asked me for it earlier, to help feed the homeless. He said he's never had anyone come back after they said they would, and I know that I am usually one of those people.

The park was blooming. I had to walk through it to get home, and I'm so glad I did. As I sat on a bench in the sun, the ground around me was completely covered in purple flower petals. I met two adorable dogs, and petted them, and they climbed all over my lap. Adorable.

That day, those few hours, were unbelievably blissful, and just what I needed. I have those kinds of experiences quite often, but rarely mention them on here. This day, however, even puts me in a good mood almost a week later, and I have some cute photos from the trip that I wanted to share anyway. These are all taken on my phone so I wouldn't exactly say they're my best work, but they amke me happy! For regular, on-time, updates of my life, follow me here on Instagram!

Something I'd really like to mention -  I've become part of the #teenageteam on Twitter. It's for teenage bloggers, and you're welcome to join if you're interested! Everyone is so lovely and friendly, and I love getting to know everyone!

I hope this blogpost put you in a slightly better mood, or perhaps you could save it for a day you're feeling down. I have two other photography blogposts about places in England that I love here and here.

Twitter

Follow

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Lovely photography! The Antiques place looks like such a unique building, and I actually really like the filter you used! x

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely is, although the shop itself is rather expensive! I love the shopfront through :)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had such a lovely day and this was a lovely post xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos in this post! I am glad you had such a great day! That's so good you gave money to the homeless, well done you! Xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It did make me feel very good, but it's something I very rarely do, unfortunately!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! Sounds like a beautiful day, have a nice weekend! <3

    Life in Blue Skies | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love those days where you're just in such a good mood & find joy in the simple things :) I love the pictures you took & I hope you'll have many more of these days during summer x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, days like this are definitely the best! Thank you, I sure hope so! The same to you of course <3

      Delete
  6. Ooh I love your blog layout!! Those photos make me wish I was there right now! Lovely post Amanda!

    -Sophie xx || Cherries and Perfume

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I recently redid it! I got it from a website called bloggercandy, which is free, and I really like it! I love England, and this day was particularly lovely!

      Delete