My Favourite Place on Earth

20:31:00

I've mentioned time and time again how much I adore England, but here I am with yet another blogpost about it.


This blogpost is actually part 2 of a photo diary series I've done about a cotswold's roadtrip I went on, and you can find part 1 here.

England is my favourite place on the entire world, and I feel so at-home when I'm there. My favourite part of England is, of course, the Cotswolds, which is where I'm from. The countryside there is so beautiful, and every time I'm there I just feel so at peace with the world, and everything just feels right.



I drove around the area with my Dad, and we walked along this cute little river. Both of the photos above are taken in a village called Bibury, which I thought I'd never been to before, but as soon as we drove up I recognized it. A few years ago my family went there for ice cream and lunch on a hot summers day, which is one of my absolute favourite memories. 

Here's a photo just to show you the scale of these houses. My dad is pretty tall, but I doubt he'd even be able to stand up inside of most of these buildings.

A little lane leading down to Arlington Row. 

Can you imagine living in a house like this? With brick walls covered in plants, with small windows and low ceilings. I love the place, but I can't imagine living in one of these houses, no matter how beautiful.


On the other hand, we'd get to have a courtyard like this: with potted plants and a little shed for my dog to explore, with an entire forest as our garden. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad!

I told my dad to "stare thoughtfully into the distance" as he kept making silly faces at the camera. It really was a fun day.

It was while walking around this church that I discovered that my camera battery was running out, and I didn't own a charger. Cue a moment of panic, and then me deciding to just get as many good photos as I could out of this trip.


There's something about windows like this that really intrigues me, and quite reminds me of how I imagine Hogwarts to be. 


I'm actually really happy with this next photo. I'm not completely sure which village it was taken in, but it sure is a beautiful place. 

And last, but not least, this beautiful church. I saw a picture of this entrance on pinterest, and that's actually what spurred this entire roadtrip idea. It's called St. Edward's church and is in Stow-on-the-Wold, a lovely village where I had the best cinnamon roll I've ever tasted.
Also, how cool is this? It looks like something out of a fairytale.

Isn't it just so breathtaking? I know I know, this entire post is just me gushing about my favourite place on earth, but I truly love it so much. Do you have a place like that? A place where you just always feel so happy, and you can't explain why? I'd genuinely love to know.

I'm going back next week, after a quick trip to Amsterdam. I sound like such a jet-setter, I know, but truthfully it's to visit some friends and then spend time with my grandparents in England. I'm desperately looking forward to it though, so watch out for more photo diaries once I get back!

Also, I'd love to know what kind of posts you prefer to see from me. Photography or chatty ones? Those are the two main types I post, but I'd love to hear if you'd like to see something else. Have a great half-term!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Ahhh those pictures are stunning, the Cotswolds looks like such a beautiful place.

    radiantblossom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from the Cotswolds too and I have been to Bibury! The houses are so sweet but I couldn't live in one of them like you xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky to live nearby! Agreed, they're nice to look at but I can't imagine living there.

      Delete
  3. It looks so lovely!
    I'd love to live somewhere small and dinky - I'm super short, I'd feel right at home!
    Cora x
    http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it to be a but like the Shire from lord of the rings, where everyone is friends with each other and just eats constantly, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad!

      Delete
  4. These photos are absolutely gorgeous!! I've never been to the Cotswolds but I really should! You're so lucky to be going back again! Also, I love all your blog posts; chatty ones tend to be my favourite for most blogs but your photos are so good that I love your photography ones too! I literally enjoy reading all your posts :)
    Georgia x

    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a bunch of photography and chatty posts coming over the next few weeks, so I hope I won't let you down <3

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh your photography is amazing! I love the Autumn colours too, will take a look at your other posts too, I know this is a blog I'm going to like! xxx

    The Frugal Teen | http://thefrugalteen.wixsite.com/thefrugalteen

    ReplyDelete